A few excerpts from Pet Sounds liner notes by Brian Wilson
The Beach Boys, Pet Sounds 40th Anniversary. Brian Wilson says:
"In December of 1965, I heard the album RUBBER SOUL by the Beatles. It was definitely a challenge for me. I saw that every cut was very artistically interesting and stimulating. I immediately went to work on the songs for PET SOUNDS. ...
... I definitely felt the need to compete with The Beatles."
"Without PET SOUNDS, SGT. PEPPER wouldn't have happened... PEPPER was an attempt to equal PET SOUNDS." - Sir George Martin, Producer, The Beatles.
- The Black Keys: Lonely Boy (SNL)(2012.01.13)
- AL WILSON "SHOW AND TELL"(2012.03.05)
- InterFM, March 9th around 10:37 AM(2012.03.09)
- Female (except one) R&B Music Selection (March 5th, 2012)(2012.03.05)
- Male R&B Music Selection (March 9th, 2012)(2012.03.09)